Thursday, April 6, 2023

The 3rd A: My Nerd

 The 3rd A: My Nerd

Untied shoelaces, the sixth floor, 

For the first time - I scrolled through my pictures

Reminiscing on being together,

My little brother chose him,

picked him as the favorite;

even my dad liked him,

called him 'man bun' with endearment.

Peanut butter and a gallon of milk

My mom saw how we look at each other, read 

my essay of an email and approves more daily

Dragon stickers, neck pains

Laughter as entwined as our fingers. 

We have years to catch up on

Full-body hugs, ankles crossed,

forehead kisses and tickling ribs

Class schedules memorized, so often just two

against the world, dinners and dorm rooms

Friends mock us, making dirty jokes,

the teasing never stops, I hope we never do

No comments:

Post a Comment