Wednesday, April 5, 2023

The 2nd A Slug

 The 2nd A Slug

Those last semester pictures;

I posthumously notice how I leaned 

away from him, attention ramrod straight ahead.


Against my will, thoughts of 

him, face cringes, pulls disgust. 


Frogs still decorate my room, gifts

hold no emotional attachment,

because attraction never existed with him,

emotions were passive at best.


Engineers are fine,

but I'll gag at the mention.


My family calls him slug ugly

I laugh along, not regretting,

just wishing it had been shorter. 

I'll never get those two months back.


A nasty part of me celebrates:

the holiday breakup,

a chipped tooth,

those awkward (for him) avoidances.


I moved on the day after,

only fought against the loss of friends for a week

Because 

I found someone better because of him. This

final thought, a cementing thanks, but no more

waste of brain space

No comments:

Post a Comment